Sunday, June 26, 2005

I'm off to see the World...

Hello Friends and Family!

Well, I'm off on my adventure in just short of 3 weeks. Europe has been calling my name its just about time for me to answer its call. For all of you who don't know my itinerary I'll lay it out for you as simply as possible.... I leave July 15th for France where I will be for one month (2 weeks in Southern France, 2 weeks in Northern France and a long weekend in Paris). This portion of my trip is through Seattle Pacific University. I am taking a French class and a Directed Readings class as well. After I am finished in Paris I take a plane down to Rome to meet up with some of my friends from home. We are taking about 10 days to travel Italy. After we are finished in Italy, I take a train from Italy to Lugano, Switzerland. Franklin College in Lugano will be my home base for the following 4 months (www.fc.edu). From here I will be exploring the area and learning how to be a Swiss native. I am truly looking forward to the adventures that await my every turn in Europe.

This Brings me to a point of reflection on those I love who I can't pack in my suit case. Thus, I begin this blog to record the people, places, and adventures I encounter, so that I can continually share with all of you. If you feel so inclined, bookmark this site and travel with me. I would appreciate emails as I travel to keep me connected to all of you back home. Most of all I would ask of you your prayers. I feel God has been apart of my plans from early on and in that I take great comfort in knowing he is preparing the way for me academically, socially, and spiritually abroad.

This is the first of many entries to come and I hope that you are looking forward to what is ahead almost as much as I do!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it... this is such a good idea!!! Oh yah, and I'm the first to leave a comment, yay!!!!

June 30, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I look forward to sharing your adventure with you and being able to come and see you this fall. Mom

July 08, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello friend. i like the idea of this blog. i'm sad that you won't be anywhere near where home used to be for me, but i know you're going to have an amazing time. talk to you later. peace.

July 11, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karen-

I will follow your adventure closely and wish I were sixty five years younger and I could be with you! Much lies ahead of you,keep your eyes, ears and heart open and enjoy the spectacle that God has provided, the place we call earth, the souls we call people!!

Travel in safety, my prayers are with you! Love, Nana

July 13, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karen, it has been said more than once, that "All who wander are not lost." Opportunity is knocking, and you are opening the door. This is the first summer is a decade, that all of the Plainfield Murphys are in North America! We do understand your wanderlust, and encourage it. Enjoy every glorious moment!
xxoo Aunt Kathie

July 13, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh karen what adventures you'll have.....savor them all! can't wait to read all about it. safe journey...love ya, Meg

July 13, 2005  
Blogger brtom said...

since i have a big problem with most (but not all) aspects of travel (world or otherwise), let me be the first to say that i am o so very happy that i am not you, karen

... but then if i were you, i'd probably have a great time and not be at all bothered by the things that matter so much to my extraordinarily neurotic uncle.

yr dad says yr just arrived in france now. france is good. i like their cheese and their movies. i also like to read blogs from far away places... so i hope you spend all yr time blogging ... and just forget about the sightseeing, the schooling, and all that other boring stuff ...

peace & love ... tom

July 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home