Late, I know!
Bonjour!!
I arrived in northern France one week ago, but because of jet lag, class, outings, and french keyboards, I have failed to update until today. I beg that all of you not give up on this blog. I have worked out many of the quarks of this system and hopefully corrispondance will become much more regular from now on. That said, on with some of the details of my adventure so far... I arrived in Pairs about 5pm local time Sat. Our plan was to take the train up to our destination in Northern France, but plans were changed last minute, so we ended up in the Paris airport for close to 6 hours waiting for our professor to come pick us up. Needless to say, those in my group were tired, hungary and ready to leave the uninteresting DeGaulle Airport. I did everything there from read the new Harry Potter Book (which i picked up in London), to drinking my first coke without ice, to playing frisbee in the almost empty terminal. It didnt hit that I was in France until I walked into town the next morning. Honfleur is more beautiful, and more interesting than any other place I have ever stayed. Quaint Cafés line the water front with little shopes and artist studieos all over the place. Some of the coolest places I have found here in Honfleur have been off the beaten path. I found my favorite artist of Honfleur, yet he is a bit pricey, so instead I walk by to "window lick" as it is called here from time. Maybe when he sees me there 3 times a day for 2 weeks he will hand me one for being his biggest fan... A girl can hope right!? I have found my new addiction, along with the amazing coffee they have here, Crepès have stolen my heart! Speaking of that, Im off to the cafè!
I arrived in northern France one week ago, but because of jet lag, class, outings, and french keyboards, I have failed to update until today. I beg that all of you not give up on this blog. I have worked out many of the quarks of this system and hopefully corrispondance will become much more regular from now on. That said, on with some of the details of my adventure so far... I arrived in Pairs about 5pm local time Sat. Our plan was to take the train up to our destination in Northern France, but plans were changed last minute, so we ended up in the Paris airport for close to 6 hours waiting for our professor to come pick us up. Needless to say, those in my group were tired, hungary and ready to leave the uninteresting DeGaulle Airport. I did everything there from read the new Harry Potter Book (which i picked up in London), to drinking my first coke without ice, to playing frisbee in the almost empty terminal. It didnt hit that I was in France until I walked into town the next morning. Honfleur is more beautiful, and more interesting than any other place I have ever stayed. Quaint Cafés line the water front with little shopes and artist studieos all over the place. Some of the coolest places I have found here in Honfleur have been off the beaten path. I found my favorite artist of Honfleur, yet he is a bit pricey, so instead I walk by to "window lick" as it is called here from time. Maybe when he sees me there 3 times a day for 2 weeks he will hand me one for being his biggest fan... A girl can hope right!? I have found my new addiction, along with the amazing coffee they have here, Crepès have stolen my heart! Speaking of that, Im off to the cafè!


3 Comments:
Karen--So crepes have stolen your heart! Remember that you are one fourth Rossi. Next thing you know those crepes (or the filling in them) will steal your hips! Love, Nana
Karen---the only way I could get this to go was to hit anonymus! So I'll do it again!! I'll have to get some help in correcting this. Nana
Karen ~ I'm glad to read that you are doing well & enjoying your time! I am jealous of all the things you've done & all the things you'll get to do in such a wonderful place. You'll be in my prayers! Love ya babe! xoxo
Krista
Post a Comment
<< Home