Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Rome is calling my name...

I have had a wonderful time here in France, but I can not express how excited I am to move on and see this continent on my own. SPU has been good, but it is time to meet up with natalie, jeff and rebecca and travel italy, my 'homeland'... I know, several generations removed, but it is exciting for me, it gives me an identity far removed from what i know, it reminds me that there was life before the USA, something I am sure many back home forget. My time here at the internet cafe is quickly running out, i appologize for such a short entry, I will have much more to say then... I love you all so much, and believe it or not, i do miss you!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karen--
it really wasn't all that long ago that all four of my grandparents (your great,great gradnparents) came to the US from Italy. At least it seems that way to me but I can see where 125 years might seem like eons to you. I'll really be watching for your posts while you are there. Enjoy Italy and say hello to any you might meet who are ever so remotely related! Love, Nana

August 10, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still don't believe your italian. Reasons: 1. You don't use your hands that much when you talk.
2. You have no one in your family with names like Frankie, Louie or Vincent.

Those are enough reasons for me. Lookout Rossi's! An imposter will soon be in your midst.

August 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home