Picture Time!
Like I promised, as soon as the computer was up, I would post some pictures, so lets hope this works....

It seems like forever ago that I was in Honfleur, France. But this is our last day in Honfleur hanging out the windows of Ville Camile. It was awesome to be so close to town in our own LITTLE house. I emphasize the word LITTLE because it was tiny for that many people. But like I said, we began to feel at home after two weeks in this small nothern france town.

This is my native Honfleur-ian artist of whom i "got to know best" as best I could with as little french I knew. By the time our was finished I ended up with a beautiful painting of hers which I am very happy I could come home with to remember my time in beautiful northern france.

This is Molly and I on our first night in Saint Maxium. One thing for all of you who don't know molly, she is addicted to Coke. This is a tribute to all the coke that she downed in her time in France... she sure enjoyed every drop, but I swear she is the reason that the Cocacola corp is doing so well!

We went to Nimes for one of our excursions... this is outside the arena of Nimes. I know, Nick looks like a ladys man, but with 5 guys and 13 girls, there were many of these pictures unintentionally!

The woman next to Molly is Di. She was part of the very colorful group of New Zealand women who we got to know over our two weeks in Southern France. Di was one of the sweetest women i have ever met. She came with us on many of our excursions because she was as new to the area as we were. I hope everyone meets a "Di" in their life time!

Here is one of the absolutely amazing sunsets of Southern France. It was even more impressive than it looks!

Here are the Ladies strutin' their stuff down main street Uzez, France. This was first day of Uzez's Running of the bulls festival. The whole area was out in full force... it was awesome to experience something with the locals, i think that SPU calls that engaging the culture...

I swam in the Mediterranean!!! It was really cold water believe it or not. But it was worth it to be able to say that I've swam in the Mediterranean!!! Thats Jessie and I... we were the brave ones!

This is almost our whole group at the Palace of the Popes in Avingon.
France was fantastic! I enjoyed it far more than I thought I would for sure... after a weekend in paris I flew down to Rome to meet up with Natalie, Jeffery and Rebecca...

Oh to the great Coloseum! (I actually liked the other 3 arenas I saw better, but this was by far the biggest... guess thats roman style!)

This is the last picture you will see of me as 20 years old (hehehe)... this is me and the "tourist attraction" as rebecca and I deemed them... no matter how hard we tried to sweet talk him, he wouldn't take us around for free... oh well, being a girl only goes so far and i guess it doesn't include the italian godola drivers!

Ahhh, Venice... met all expectations and exceded many!

This is the Opera in Verona...it was awesome! One of the most unique experiences I have ever had!
Ok, more pictures when I have more time... hopefully that will be enough to keep you busy for awhile!
It seems like forever ago that I was in Honfleur, France. But this is our last day in Honfleur hanging out the windows of Ville Camile. It was awesome to be so close to town in our own LITTLE house. I emphasize the word LITTLE because it was tiny for that many people. But like I said, we began to feel at home after two weeks in this small nothern france town.

This is my native Honfleur-ian artist of whom i "got to know best" as best I could with as little french I knew. By the time our was finished I ended up with a beautiful painting of hers which I am very happy I could come home with to remember my time in beautiful northern france.

This is Molly and I on our first night in Saint Maxium. One thing for all of you who don't know molly, she is addicted to Coke. This is a tribute to all the coke that she downed in her time in France... she sure enjoyed every drop, but I swear she is the reason that the Cocacola corp is doing so well!

We went to Nimes for one of our excursions... this is outside the arena of Nimes. I know, Nick looks like a ladys man, but with 5 guys and 13 girls, there were many of these pictures unintentionally!

The woman next to Molly is Di. She was part of the very colorful group of New Zealand women who we got to know over our two weeks in Southern France. Di was one of the sweetest women i have ever met. She came with us on many of our excursions because she was as new to the area as we were. I hope everyone meets a "Di" in their life time!

Here is one of the absolutely amazing sunsets of Southern France. It was even more impressive than it looks!

Here are the Ladies strutin' their stuff down main street Uzez, France. This was first day of Uzez's Running of the bulls festival. The whole area was out in full force... it was awesome to experience something with the locals, i think that SPU calls that engaging the culture...

I swam in the Mediterranean!!! It was really cold water believe it or not. But it was worth it to be able to say that I've swam in the Mediterranean!!! Thats Jessie and I... we were the brave ones!

This is almost our whole group at the Palace of the Popes in Avingon.
France was fantastic! I enjoyed it far more than I thought I would for sure... after a weekend in paris I flew down to Rome to meet up with Natalie, Jeffery and Rebecca...

Oh to the great Coloseum! (I actually liked the other 3 arenas I saw better, but this was by far the biggest... guess thats roman style!)

This is the last picture you will see of me as 20 years old (hehehe)... this is me and the "tourist attraction" as rebecca and I deemed them... no matter how hard we tried to sweet talk him, he wouldn't take us around for free... oh well, being a girl only goes so far and i guess it doesn't include the italian godola drivers!

Ahhh, Venice... met all expectations and exceded many!

This is the Opera in Verona...it was awesome! One of the most unique experiences I have ever had!
Ok, more pictures when I have more time... hopefully that will be enough to keep you busy for awhile!


3 Comments:
Hey Karen,
It's great to see your pictures. It all looks so beautiful. I can relate to the feeling of things being different than expected, but the neat thing is that it's really easy to forget the "bad stuff", whereas the good memories will stay with you forever. I only have a few days to go before I start student teaching...I'm feeling excited and scared at the same time, but I'm confident that it will be a great experience. Keep us posted on life in lugano! We miss you!
:) Kelly
that picture with you and molly drinking coke, yeah... molly is drunk.
Hi,
Well, SHIP is gone so I have a moment. The pictures are great! What incredable times and people. Looking forward to asseeing you soon.
Post a Comment
<< Home