Thursday, August 18, 2005

There is no place like ROME....

I am, at this very moment in time enjoying an absolutely fabulous scoop of gelati in Florance... I dont know how i went almost 21 years without it... really coldstone has nothing on this scoop of perfection! Ok, sorry for the cheezy-ness. Natalie, Rebecca, Jeff and I finally arrived in Florance yesterday after a long, super hot, and tiring day of travel. Rome wasnt anything too impressive for me. There were a few things that took my breath away... the Trevi Fountian, the Collisum, the Piata, St Peters Bacillica, and the Sistine Chapple- all were magnificent and made the dirty city and pushy people worth it. Oh and having dinner right outside the Pantheon two different nights wasnt too bad either. Florance is much nicer. I got used to the charm of the smaller cities when traveling through Fracnce, so this is more my cup of tea. We were trying to get into the Ufizzi Museum, but there was over a 3 hour wait time, I guess I will just have to come back some day!...We are staying in a hostle outside of the city which has an absolutely fantastic view of Florance. We ate pizza and watched the sun sink below the hills last night from the terrace.

We are headed out tomorrow for Venice and my 21st BIRTHDAY!!! I am really excited if you havent figured that out already. We are meeting up with Molly and Maddy from my france trip on one of the bridges that night and celebrating with them. Ive heard from all the travelers we have met in our hostles these past few nights that Venice lives up to its hype.

I really appreciate all of your messages and emails! I am looking forward to the time where all of you are only a phone call away. Hopefully I will get to update before Switzerland, if not... I shall meet you in the Alps!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday,Karen. Enjoy Venice. yrs, Pat

August 18, 2005  
Blogger H2OGuy said...

It isn't possible that you are going to be 21. It isn't possible that you are in Italy. It's just true. Dad

August 18, 2005  
Blogger brtom said...

Sorry I missed yr birthday, Karen ... even forgot to make a big deal about it at my site & blog ... because yr birthday is definitely worth a Big Deal ... 21st or otherwise ... in Venice or Seattle or Garden Grove ... Happy Birthday!

tom

August 20, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! Wow-celebrating your 21rst birthday in Venice! Venice or So CA and Creative Cakery---I guess Venice wins.

Enjoy all of the sights of Venice!!

Love Mom

August 20, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Karen! We'll toast a glass of (Italian) wine in your honor tonight! Enjoy Italy and your last week of summer. We love you!

Kelly, Greg, and Charley

August 20, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karen--I did remember your BD in fact, I sent your an E-cared which is probably waiting for you in your e-mail! We talked about you yesterday and sent a wish your way!

The confusion has died down around here and as of tomorrow we are getting back to "normal"!

Enjoy what's left of your stay in Italy. Do your think Switzerland is prepared for you?

August 21, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karen,

Happy Birthday!
Thinking of you

August 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KAREN!! well had I known it was your birthday sooner...i would have wished you a very happy 21st birthday... but i didn't. So Happy very belated 21st Birthday!

I can't wait to see ya once you are back!! C is for calculator... A is for addition! hahaha good times!

love ya xoxo

August 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home